An Exiting New Resort Experience!
The Cristal Resort Hotel, Residence Club & Spa is envisioned as an easily accessible, “less stress” getaway for individuals and couples who desire and appreciate boutique ambience, pampering, nature, personal wellness, and outdoor activities.
This lovely small resort comprised of beautifully appointed lodging units in 14 buildings on 9+ wooded acres will feature a small conference center, meeting rooms, a full-service spa, outdoor pool complex with hot tubs, dry sauna, steam room, poolside bar and light cuisine café, gorgeously landscaped grounds and walking paths, all just a short drive away from eight beautiful, ranked golf courses…The Cristal will delight the senses and provide an amazing vacation retreat experience for all.
Where and Why
The need has been well-established for lodging within Hot Springs Village, the largest active-adult resort community in the Central United States, located just 45-minutes from Little Rock, Arkansas.
There is not a single hotel within the community, which encompasses over 25,000 acres with 15,000 year-round residents, 9 golf courses, 11 lakes and 30 plus miles of hiking and biking trails.
- There is an immediate and urgent need for lodging in Hot Springs Village – this has been well-established for many years
- Ideal and well-placed location is construction-ready and under purchase agreement with the current owner
- Full Project Team has been assembled and is ready to begin
- Target market is all population centers within an 8-hour drive of Hot Springs Village (over 21 million people), as people are now less inclined to fly because of the inconvenience, added expense and additional health risks
- We have no direct competition in the entire South-Central US
- Nature, wellness and fitness is a huge and growing market segment and we will fill an important niche
- Smaller project (28 units) means lower cost to develop and operate
The Hot Springs Village area is getting a great deal of national attention for relocation, particularly for active adults and retirees, as it offers a high quality of life in a beautiful, natural mountain setting with four distinct seasons, numerous amenities, low tax rates and still-affordable home real estate prices.
The nearby city of Hot Springs (18 miles away) offers a full array of tourist activities, including Hot Springs National Park, thermal baths, world-renowned Garvin Gardens Nature Preserve, art galleries, music and cultural events, cuisine, shopping, and is a host to major national high-stakes horseracing at Oaklawn Racetrack from January 22nd to May 1st.
With air travel having become more stressful and difficult (even before the advent of Covid-19) the situation now is that people prefer to drive rather than fly for personal and family vacations. This is a key reason for our decision to now develop a small boutique hotel in this area.
Our target-market based population study reflects over 20 million people within an 8-hour drive of Hot Springs Village, taking into consideration only the metropolitan areas of Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, Kansas City, St. Louis, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Memphis, Nashville, Shreveport, Baton Rouge and, of course, Little Rock.
The Cristal will provide high-quality lodging for small group retreats, golf groups, family events, intimate wedding parties and small corporate retreats.
* Hot Springs Village is an absolute GOLF HAVEN, with 9 ranked golf courses including the private Diamante Country Club, which will provide our lodging guests an opportunity to play a different course every day.
* Outdoor pool and hot tub complex with poolside cafe & bar
*Full service Wellness Spa
* Meetings, retreats and weddings
* Outdoor activity packages, excursions, and classes
- This area of Arkansas is experiencing a huge influx of visitors and relocating of families, especially retirees, due to high quality of life, natural beauty, mild seasonal weather, fresh air, clean water, and low cost of living.
- Hot Springs, Arkansas, just 18 miles away, is experiencing a huge boon in horseracing, due in part to a major expansion at Oaklawn Racetrack. This increase in tourism benefits the entire area, including Hot Springs National Park which runs right through and on either side of the city’s historic main downtown area and includes spring-fed thermal bathhouses, art galleries, restaurants, music and shopping.
- Nearby Lake Ouachita, the largest manmade lake in Arkansas, is over 66,000 acres in size, with 690 miles of shoreline which, by law, cannot be built upon, and is surrounded completely by Ouachita National Forest, thus leaving a magnificent tree-lined sanctuary that features a geo-float trail, the first water-based interpretive trail in the entire National Trails System. Lake Ouachita State Park is only 20 miles away, with no hotels and limited lodging available to visitors.
- Our project, called The Cristal (Spanish for crystal) is in an area boasting the world’s largest quartz crystal band north of the Equator. Thousands of people annually come to this area for crystal mining and purchasing crystals. These “rockhounds” spend significant amounts on lodging, food and beverage and local activities. We plan to fully capitalize on this with organized excursions for our interested guests to visit the two largest crystal mines nearby.
- Hot Springs Village Board of Directors supports the project.
Project Documents Available Upon Request:
Concept Video: https://youtu.be/iqznQp3Dsak
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.